- Q: How will I know which specialist to see?
- Q: Can I seek treatment at the hospitals without a medical appointment?
- Q: What do I need to bring with me on admission?
- Q: My family is accompanying me for my medical treatment. Where can they stay?
- Q: How much does it cost to seek treatment at the hospitals?
- Q: How can I pay?
- Q: My questions are not listed here, what can I do?
- Q: What are the overseas treatments that Medisave can be used for?
- Q: Can I use my Medisave for plastic & reconstructive surgery overseas?
- Q: Who can use Medisave for overseas treatments?
- Q: What is the limit that I can spend for Medisave in Malaysia?
- Q: What hospital charges does Medisave cover for overseas treatments?
- Q: What is the process for Medisave use in Regency or Mahkota in Malaysia?
- Q: Why did the government allow the use of Medisave in Regency or Mahkota?
- Q: Are the treatments in Regency or Mahkota safe and of good quality?
- Q: What are the 10 common Medisave claimable procedures?
The hospitals have nurse counselling counters where patients can seek the advice of the nurses. This service is free and the nurse will then direct the patient to a specialist who will assist in the proper treatment of care. Alternatively, you may contact the Patient Service Centre at: +65 6334 7283. Our patient representatives will advise you on a suitable specialist.
It is best to schedule appointments before your arrival to minimise delay and inconvenience, and to avoid disappointment.
You must bring along all relevant information on your medical condition, including X-rays, medical history/records. If you are taking any medication, please bring these along and hand them to the Nurse In Charge, who should also be informed if you suffer from any allergies.
Q: My family is accompanying me for my medical treatment. Where can they stay?
Inform our patient representatives at HMI Patient Service Centre that your family will be travelling with you. We will make the necessary accommodation arrangements that suit your budget.
For a start, you may use your Medisave for medically necessary hospitalisation and day surgery received overseas. Medisave cannot be used for outpatient treatment.
No, unless these procedures are done for medical conditions only.
Singaporeans and PRs who normally reside in Singapore can use their Medisave for their own treatment overseas. They may use their Medisave to pay medical expenses incurred by their immediate family members such as spouse, parents or children, if these family members are Singaporeans/PRs and normally reside in Singapore. They may also use their Medisave for their grandparents, if their grandparents are Singaporeans/PRs and normally reside in Singapore.
If you would like to find out more, please contact our patient representatives at +65 6334 7283.
You may spend the same Medisave limit as that in Singapore, and depending on the treatment you are seeking.
Medisave covers up to:
- S$450 per day for inpatient hospitalisation & $300 per day for day surgery
- A fixed limit per table of surgical procedures (varying between S$250 and S$7,550 depending on the procedures)
Currently, Medisave covers the following hospital expenses:
- Daily ward charges/day surgery charges
- Doctor’s fees;
- In-patient charges for medical treatment, investigations, medicines, medical supplies, implants and prostheses introduced during surgery;
- Surgical operations, including the use of operating theatres
You may follow these simple steps: First, call the Medisave Hotline (+65 6334 7283) to make an appointment and to ensure your eligibility of using Medisave overseas. You will be advised to bring along the relevant documentation and come personally to the HMI Patient Service Centre for Medisave and financial counselling prior to surgery. You may then proceed to Regency or Mahkota for your treatment. Upon discharge, our patient representatives will submit relevant documents for Medisave claims processing.
The Singapore Government introduced this policy to give patients a wider choice and to take advantage of the lower cost of hospitalization overseas.
Regency and Mahkota are committed to providing Singapore quality of care at affordable rates. Patients can expect to be treated by experienced medical specialists, many of whom have been trained overseas. These specialists have to undergo due process by the hospital’s Credential Committee Board before they are allowed to practice in the hospital. In addition, you will be reassured to know that Regency and Mahkota are owned and managed by Health Management International Ltd, a Singapore Main Board listed healthcare company.
- Cataract operation
- Gallstone removal
- Heart vessel stenting
- Inguinal hernia operation
- Kidney stones ultrasonic disintegration or operation
- Slipped disc operation
- Total knee / hip replacement
- Varicose veins removal
If you have more questions, please contact the HMI Patient Service Centre at +65 6334 7283 (OK MEDISAVE).